Objective: Promote, Agri-business in the Norfolk area
- Develop and enhance business and ag linkages with the 18th Annual Agri-Business Appreciation Banquet
- Sponsor Annual Norfolk Beef Exposition
- Sponsor tours of Agri-business related facilities. Network with area chamber and ag businesses and producers
Objective: Recruit prospective members, promote and enhance relationships with existing members, new businesses and area communities.
- Serve as goodwill ambassadors to new/expanding businesses by hosting coffee calls and ribbon cuttings
- Contact non-members year-round to encourage their membership. Dedicate one “Ambassador Day” each year to contact non-member
- Carry out membership appreciation calls throughout the year to thank members for their support
- Membership recruitment and retention- Lead annual membership drive to recruit new members and retain current members
- Participate in area community parades, festivals and events promoting the Norfolk Area Chamber of Commerce
- Plan and host Business-After-Hours and Golf Day. Increase awareness and add value to membership through networking.
- Conduct “Area Concept Dinners” to promote relations with communities in our service area
Board of Directors
Objective: To supervise, control and direct the affairs of the Chamber, determine its policies within the limits of the By-Laws, have discretion in the disbursement of its funds and actively execute its purpose.
Execute and evaluate the Norfolk Area Chamber of Commerce Strategic Plan through cooperation of the council, affiliates, community and staff.
Housing and Community Needs Council
Objective: Identify and monitor housing supply and demand and community needs resulting from economic growth in Northeast Nebraska. Recommend and assist in the implementation of workable solutions to those needs.
- Monitor housing needs in Northeast Nebraska
- Determine need for information on housing and community needs (i.e. housing study)
- Facilitate affordable housing development in Northeast Nebraska
- Maintain regular communications with local governments, construction trade groups, employers, area community organizations and social agencies to promote cooperation in solving area housing and community needs
- Partner with other groups and organizations to education new residents on housing and community needs in Northeast Nebraska
Objective: Monitor, communicate information regarding, and aggressively influence legislation determined to be of importance by the Council, at all levels of government.
- Determine legislation, which shall be of importance to the council for each legislative session
- Monitor and communicate information regarding legislation determined to be of importance by the council
- Communicate the Council’s position to the appropriate elected officials
Small Business Council
Objective: Promote a network to exchange ideas and concerns for continued growth and development of small business
- Plan and execute Small Business Expo
- Sponsor the Small Business Awards and Recognition
- Provide monthly business support program
- Market the Council as a membership benefit
Objective: Serves as the economic development council of the Chamber. Due to areas of focus that are sensitive and confidential in nature, the Action Council is by invitation only.
- Work closely with the economic development resource team to recruit, attract and retain businesses in the Norfolk area
- Lead the charge to insure that appropriate economic development funding is available for economic development efforts
- Communicate the need for LB840 and other economic development legislation in the Norfolk area
Objective: Promote the Norfolk area as a green community
- Educate business owners and local citizens on how they can live an eco-friendly lifestyle
- Recruit more “green collar” jobs to northeast Nebraska
- Plan and execute a green conference in the Norfolk area
- Communicate information on how the area can improve on recycling efforts