Objective: Monitor, communicate information regarding, and aggressively influence legislation determined to be of importance by the Council, at all levels of government.
NorfolkAreaVotes.com (Action Center)
Meetings: (Every Thurs while in Session - through June 5)
- 8:15AM - Conference call with Senator Scheer
- 12:00PM - Legislative Council Lunch Meeting to discus what was reported that morning.
2012 Legislative Council Agenda – January 9th - june 5th
- Tue, Mar 12 - Madison County Day – Nebraska State Capital
- Mon, Mar 25 - Northeast Nebraska Day – Nebraska State Capital
- Tue, May 21 & Wed, May 22 - Washington, DC Fly-In w/ State Chamber
- Each Thurs - Legislative Conf. Call – Sen. Scheer – 8:15AM @ Chamber
- Each Thurs - Legislative Roundtable – 12PM-1Pm @ Prenger’s
- Determine legislation, which shall be of importance to the council for each legislative session
- Monitor and communicate information regarding legislation determined to be of importance by the council
- Communicate the Council’s position to the appropriate elected officials