Committees / Councils / Taskforces / Affiliates
Chamber membership provides many opportunities for you to be visible in the community. The more contacts you make, the more exposure your business receives. Fellow Chamber members area valuable source of referrals. Part of the benefits of your membership investment is the opportunity to work alongside other Chamber members, while offering your input and expertise to the business community. Time commitments vary the the committee and the extent of your involvement. Get involved in the important work of the Chamber and help your business to succeed. Take a look at what we have to offer.
- Action Council – Serves as the economic development council of the Chamber of Commerce. Due to the area of focus that are sensitive and confidential in nature, the Action Council is by invitation only.
- Agri-Business Council – Works to unite agriculture and business communities in promoting and creating educational opportunities for our local adults and youth.
- Ambassadors – A highly visible, enthusiastic group of community-minded volunteers who represent the Chamber and local businesses at Chamber-sponsored events. Nominations are required to become a Chamber Ambassador.
- Builders Exchange – A plan room that orders blueprints direct from the architect or engineers typically without paying a deposit and houses the plans for the members only to view or check out.
- Government Affairs – The Norfolk Area Chamber is the first call for business members on government issues.
- NorthFork Riverfront Community Development Committee – To create a recreational, residential, entertainment, and retail/business area corridor along the NorthFork of the Elkhorn River in Northeast Nebraska.
- Woman Embracing Business (WEB) – Organized to encourage involvement and leadership by business and professional women through networking and education.