The Chamber Ambassadors are a highly visible, enthusiastic group of community-minded volunteers. This active group of community and business leaders represents the Chamber and local businesses at Chamber-sponsored events. The Ambassadors are the marketing arm of the Chamber with the objective to recruit prospective members as well as promote and enhance relationships with existing members, new businesses and area communities. Ambassadors support the activities of area businesses and civic organizations by attending their ribbon cuttings, coffee calls, anniversary celebrations, and other commemorative events.
- Serve as goodwill ambassadors to new/expanding businesses by hosting coffee calls and ribbon cuttings
- Contact non-members year-round to encourage their membership.
- Coordinate and participate in the annual Chamber Membership Drive
- Carry out membership appreciation calls and visits throughout the year to thank members for their support
- Participate in area community parades, festivals and events promoting the Norfolk Area Chamber of Commerce
- Serve as an Ambassador mentor to new Chamber members to introduce them to the events, councils or committees they can participate in as a Chamber member.
- Conduct two community visits a year, highlighting area communities and their businesses while promoting the Norfolk Chamber
To become a Chamber Ambassador, nominations are required.
To download an Ambassador Nomination Form, click here.
Click here for the Ambassadors Bylaws.
If you have any questions about the Ambassadors, please contact the Norfolk Area Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-371-4862.